View all vacancies
- Location: Shoreditch, London
- Role: Head of Video
- Hours: Full Time
- Experience: 8+ years in an agency environment, (in-house / freelance). 3+ years managing a team
We’re an independent creative agency based in the heart of Shoreditch. We pride ourselves on helping brands tell powerful stories that are rooted in their audience’s interests and told in creative, innovative ways. We’re a growing team of thinkers and doers, comprised of client service, planners and creatives who work closely alongside our in-house design, video and technical teams. We enjoy what we do and who we do it with, and are looking to grow our team with like-minded people.
Our in-house video department has grown from strength to strength since its inception in 2009, and we are now looking to take the team to the next level, with the addition of talented, ambitious, creative people who are striving to create the best work of their career.
We are searching for an experienced, creative and meticulously organised Head of Video to lead our talented video team in producing best-in-class motion content for the charities and brands that we work with. Reporting into our Creative Partner, and working closely with our Operations Partner from a procedural perspective, this newly created role requires an inspirational, commercially-minded, hands-on leader with a burning desire to create outstanding video content, and the ability to propel the growing video team, and the quality and efficiency of its output, to dizzying new heights.
With productions ranging from ongoing social content, to hero content for major campaigns, the ideal candidate should be able to shift from nimble and reactive to detailed and meticulous with fluidity, and shape a production approach and team to effectively deliver on the brief in hand.
Day-to-day, you will be overseeing the work of dedicated producers, both in-house and external, to concurrently deliver a wide variety of projects. However, the ideal candidate would also have the skills, experience and get-up-and-go to adopt a more independent lead producer role on major projects, as and when required.
The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with our creative, strategy, client service and studio leads to ensure that the video department operates and delivers in alignment with the strategic, creative, commercial and cultural objectives of the agency.
- Translating big ideas into producible concepts and aligning with others to execute the work.
- Overseeing all projects running through the video department, both live action and animation, and helping ensure adequate processes and workflows are in place and adhered to.
- Ensuring that the department is effectively resourced, by developing the in-house video team and plugging any gaps with external crew and contractors as required, on a project-by-project basis.
- Leading the video team with confidence and positivity to collectively produce highly polished results, on time and on budget.
- Quality control of all department output, in alignment with other key internal stakeholders, continually striving to improve our product at every opportunity.
- Playing a Producer role on certain projects as required.
Skills & Experience
- 8+ years experience in a Senior Producer, Production Manager or similar role, with 3+ years experience managing a team.
- Specific experience working in a digital agency, or similar environment, crafting branded content.
- Commercially minded, with experience overseeing multiple projects with budgets ranging from £1K to £100K.
- Expert knowledge of end-to-end production, with the skills, experience and contacts to effectively oversee and advise on scripting, casting, location sourcing, makeup, costume, art department, filming, post production, music sourcing and sound design, as well as experience producing or overseeing animation and motion graphics projects.
- Hands-on, with a strong foundation of practical production skills — whether direction, camera operating, post production or another discipline.
- Collaboration and strong people skills — You will be working very closely with account and project managers, creative teams, production teams and suppliers. Likability and the ability to get the best out of other people is absolutely essential.
- An appreciation and understanding of emerging video technologies — live streaming, 360 video etc
- An understanding of ad clearance, and delivering to broadcast specifications.